Frequently Asked Questions...
How long does it take to get my order?
- Typically all United States (US) orders take about 2-3 days to arrive to your doorstep. International orders vary from 5-10 days generally. When Amazon (US) is stocked, it takes 2 days if you are a Prime member.
- NOTE: Expect orders during the week of Shark Tank October 8th to take longer.
What should I use the espresso profile for?
The espresso profile is specially formulated for your espresso machines. If you love your expensive and aesthetically pleasing espresso machine and want it to last longer than a couple of years using your current water, then purchase the espresso profile. It will help protect your machine while simultaneously providing fantastic shots of delicious espresso.
What should I use the classic profile for?
The classic profile is recommended for any manual brewing method (e.g., aeropress, chemex, V60, etc.) as well as for your home coffee drip brewer. It is our most popular formula, and you will understand why when you finally make the jump and try Third Wave Water's capsules for your coffee. Try it. You won't regret the decision!
What is the difference between your products? What should I order?
- Our primary products are classic profile 1-gallon, classic profile 5-gallon, espresso profile 1-gallon, and espresso profile 5-gallon. The classic profiles are for use with traditional coffee brewing machines. The espresso profiles are for use specifically with espresso machines. The 1-gallon products are for use with 1-gallon size jugs of water. Each carton comes with twelve (12) packets measured for use with 1-gallon jugs of water. This makes a total of 12 gallons of Third Wave Water. The 5-gallon products are for use with 5-gallon jugs of water. Each carton comes with twelve (12) packets measured for use with 5-gallon jugs of water. This makes a total of 60 gallons of Third Wave Water.
Can I use the classic profile to brew cold brew coffee?
- Yes!! We get this question a lot and are proud of our many partners using Third Wave Water to brew their cold brew: Telemetry Coffee, Bru Brothers, and more!
What kind of water should I mix with the Third Wave Water minerals?
- We recommend using either distilled water or water from a reverse osmosis (RO) system. If you acquire water with 0-9 total dissolvable solids (TDS), you will be in great shape. Distilled water can be found in the United States at the following locations:
- Grocery stores (e.g., Kroger, HEB, Whole Foods, etc.)
- Convenience stores (e.g., Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc.)
- Supermarkets (e.g., Target, Walmart, etc.)
- NOTE: The only countertop filter system we recommend using to acquire water to mix with your Third Wave Water mineral packet is Zero Water.
Do you sell packets in liters?
- Yes, but they will be available for purchase in your local overseas retail locations. We will provide more information as distribution is setup.
How do I use the 5-gallon packs?
- The 5-gallon packs were created to be used with a 5-gallon carboy; this is probably the most common size of water jug in the United States. We recommend using a powered pump (flojet is our current favorite) to hook up your espresso machine so you don't have to manually fill your espresso machine in use.
Is Third Wave Water safe?
- Yes! If you follow the instructions and use distilled water or reverse osmosis, then all trace chemicals and unwanted minerals are removed. Adding the natural minerals from your patent-pending Third Wave Water packet safely adds the following three (3) minerals: magnesium sulfate, calcium citrate, and sodium.
What is the shelf life of your packets?
- Shelf life is the same as any packet of sugar or salt. The only thing you can't do is store it in places with extreme heat (over 150° F).
What is the shelf life of your packets once they are mixed with water?
- The product will last indefinitely in the water. Once it is mixed in, it stays mixed since the minerals are naturally soluble at the ratios in the formulas provided.
How should I store my mixed water? Do I need to refrigerate it?
- You can store your water jug at room temperature after mixing. This is actually recommended because your coffee maker will work harder (and take longer) to heat up cold water.
Can I use your Classic Profile packets with tea?
- Yes, Third Wave Water works very similarly for tea! Tea blogs recommend 80 - 150 TDS (total dissolvable solids). Our formula is 150 TDS.
Can I use Third Wave Water with my Keurig or Nespresso machine? Do I need to remove the filter first?
- Yes, you can use Third Wave Water Classic Profile with a Keurig or Nespresso machine. You do not need to remove the filter. It will not filter out our product because the filters on these machines do not filter out solids. However, your filter is not needed because your water is now already optimum for brewing. The filter will not add an effect.
Do you sponsor coffee events?
- Yes! We love helping coffee connoisseurs have the best experience possible! We only ask that you provide some basic information about the event and how you would like to share TWW with your participants. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to being the short verification process. It is a first come, first served basis as we have a limited marketing budget.
Do you have a coffee shop system yet?
- No, but...it's on its way. Check back soon for more information!!
What is Third Wave Coffee?
We get this question often. There are many aspects of what the coffee industry calls third wave coffee. It includes the ethics of sourcing coffee and the methods of trying to create the best coffee possible with all available resources and processes. It might sound a bit dull and dry, but when you experience the wizardry yourself, you won’t go back. Here are some fun methods to start with:
- Find fresh locally roasted craft coffee • less than 1 week old is preferred.
- Choose your brew method • experiment! There are so many great brew methods available today, this is a great time to be a fan of coffee. Chemex, V60, Kalita Wave, Aeropress, American Press, French Press, etc. NOTE: paper filters remove oils and can add brightness to your coffee, so make sure you experiment!
- Grind your coffee • use a burr grinder for a consistent grind and throw your paddle/blade grinder in the trash please.
- Heat up your water • Add a Third Wave Water capsules to a gallon of your distilled or RO water to create the perfect balance of minerals, enabling all of those delicate aromas and vivid acids to shine through. Temperatures vary with your brew method, but start by heating from 195 to 205 degrees F.
- Rinse your filter • If you chose a method that has a paper filter then this step will remove unwanted paper pulp still trapped in the paper filter, which adds a touch of bitterness. Toss the rinse water in the sink.
- Add your ground coffee • Zero out your scale before tossing the coffee into your brewer. Remember this number [in grams] because you are about to create some wonderful trickery. Take that number and multiply it by 16. This is a ratio of 16:1 and is now the magical number you need to remember when you measure the amount of water you brew with.
- Bloom your coffee • Zero out your scale before blooming. Poke your finger in the middle of the coffee to create a divot to help the water stay centered as you add just enough water to saturate the coffee…then STOP and wait ~60 seconds. Watch and breathe in the aroma as the bubbles unlock the first stage of flavor. CO2 is trapped inside the cell structure of the bean. Blooming removes the gases and prepares the coffee bed for even extraction.
- Finish brewing • Remember that number you multiplied times 16? Make sure that you STOP when the scale displays this number and prepare for a third wave coffee experience…at least the brewing step.
How do I sign up for Wholesale so I can sell Third Wave Water products?
What is your return policy?
- You may request a refund or exchange within thirty (30) days of the date of your original order.
- An exchange can only be made in the event that your item is defective or damaged. In order to request an exchange, please email us at email@example.com.
- Once your exchange or return is approved, you can return your item to 83 N Main St, Cedarville, OH 45314. You will be liable for the shipping costs. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition in which you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food cannot be returned. Additional non-returnable items include:
- To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
- When shipping an item worth more than $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We do not guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable): Any items no in its original condition which is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error or any item that is returned more than 30 days after the purchase date.
- Refunds (if applicable)
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- Sale items are not applicable for a refund, only regularly-priced items.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card/original method of payment within a certain amount of days.
- If you believe that your refund is late or was not processed, first check your bank/credit card account. Then, contact your bank/credit card company. It may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you have done all of this and still believe your refund is late or missing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you received one of our products as a gift and it was marked as a gift when ordered and was shipped directly to you, you will receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift code will be emailed to you.
- If the item wasn't marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift-giver had the order shipped to themselves first, we will send a refund to the gift-giver, and he/she will then know about the return.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes only your email, which you submit to us through the purchase process or newsletter signup at the Site.
1. Information collected via Technology
II. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access . We protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
IV. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
V. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
VII. CONTACT US